- Cesaro – Doesn’t Have The “IT” Factor
- NXT: Ten Prospects To Make WWE’s Main Roster
- Fans Who Criticized Batista’s Return Are Hypocrites
- Charlotte – Proved She’s Not Ready For WWE’s Main Roster
- Tribute To Sean O’Haire
- RBTR: Booking NXT Takeover 2
- 5 Contenders For Dolph Ziggler’s Intercontinental Championship
- Three Superstars That Have Always Beaten John Cena
- Top Contenders For The WWE Divas Championship
- The Problem with Dolph Ziggler…and How to Fix it
- Opinion: The Worst Wrestling Matches in WWE History
- Why Curtis Axel Should Join The Wyatt Family
- RAW Could Benefit From Going Back To 2 Hours
- Most Independent Wrestling Promotions Suck.
- Luke Harper is WWE’s Most Under-Utilized Talent
WWE: The Rock and CM Punk Strike Gold Heading Into Royal Rumble 2013
- Updated: January 8, 2013
This week’s Monday Night Raw gave us an epic promotional battle between The Rock and CM Punk unlike anything we have seen in a long time. The potential was there. The stage was set. And these two delivered in a way that I did not see coming.
The execution couldn’t have been better.
The bloody, broken WWE champion standing tall in a face-to-face confrontation with one of the most legendary superstars in professional wrestling history.
The back-and-forth exchange between these two set the stage for one of the biggestWWE Championship matches in history.
The question on everyone’s mind seems to be, “Will The Rock win the WWEChampionship?”
With The Rock coming back and being on a majority of the television shows from now until WrestleMania 29, the possibility that he will walk out of The Royal Rumble as WWEchampion is elevated.
However, does WWE really want to end the miraculous streak that has been established by CM Punk?
It is common knowledge that CM Punk is the longest reigning WWE champion in modern-day history with a reign of over 400 days. ByWrestleMania 29, CM Punk will have held theWWE Championship for over 500 days. I don’t think that this is something WWE wants to let fall out of their grasp.
The reign will even be further cemented if CM Punk is able to defeat The Rock at Royal Rumble. While he does hold victories over John Cena, Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho, many of CM Punk’s defenses have come in different spots on the card other than the main event.
If the WWE doesn’t care about CM Punk hitting the 500 mark, it may be smart to give The Rock a short run with the WWE Championship and allow him to put someone over at WrestleMania by dropping it.
Either way, what we saw on the first Raw of 2013 was the type of promo that sells matches. It was one of those moments that can give you chills and keep you on the edge of your seat.
Royal Rumble 2013 has the ability to become one of the most memorable shows inWWE history.
Please leave your comments below and we can talk about this!
Also, please visit ProWrestlingPowerhouse.com and get involved in our community.
Give us a LIKE at Facebook.com/ProWrestlingPowerhouse
Listen to Pro Wrestling Powerhouse Radio each and every Tuesday night at 9 p.m. ET at BlogTalkRadio.com/PWPRadio. Monday night, we will give you a SPECIAL WWE 2013 Preview episode! Don’t miss it!
Keep it real,
“Jersey Strong” Jay