- PWP’s Hell In A Cell Predictions
- Ringside Rust: The Article That Will Ruin Your Childhood (Part Four)
- Fantasy Booking WWE’s Hell In A Cell
- Should WWE Let Rey Mysterio Free?
- TNA Wrestling Buyout: Eric Young
- Eron’s Mailbag: Edition #2 – CM Punk’s Future, Global Force Wrestling, And More!
- TNA Wrestling Buyout: Bobby Roode
- Booking Brock Lesnar’s World Title Reign
- When Should Seth Rollins Cash In?
- Sensational Sherri – The Most Sensational Manager of All Time
- Ryan The Builder: Kofi Kingston (Part 1)
- Eron’s Mailbag: Edition #1- Dean Ambrose, Rock’s Return & More!
- Tyson Kidd Survived The Dungeon… Can He Survive WWE?
- Under The Mat: Interview w/ Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat
- Terry Funk Joined By Ric Flair, Harley Race, JJ Dillon & Dave Meltzer on Hart Beat Radio
WWE TLC 2012: Why Dolph Ziggler Will Retain His Money in the Bank Briefcase
- Updated: December 4, 2012
This is whole angle is simple wrestling booking 101. People wondered just why John Cena defeated Dolph Ziggler last week on Monday Night Raw, got the upper hand on him on Smackdown and then defeated him again last night on Raw.
I’ll tell you why.
WWE is setting up Dolph Ziggler for one of the absolute biggest victories of his career. At TLC, Dolph Ziggler is being forced to put his Money in the Bank briefcase on the line against Cena in a ladder match.
If WWE wants the fans to truly take Dolph Ziggler seriously as a World Heavyweight Champion, he needs to pile up some important victories and that all started at Survivor Series a few weeks ago.
Ziggler walked into Survivor Series as the leader of his team and walked out as the sole survivor by picking up a huge win over Randy Orton. Regardless of how they’ve used Ziggler on Raw and Smackdown, that huge win at Survivor Series is all that truly matters in building him up to be World Heavyweight Champion.
In a perfect world, John Cena would lose a somewhat fair match to Dolph Ziggler at TLC, but I can see what is going to happen before it happens.
Considering Ziggler has been put in an “unfair and unjust” situation, there is no doubt in my mind that The Shield will wage war for the first time on John Cena.
Last night on Raw, The Shield took out Randy Orton after his victory over Brad Maddox. Did they do that because they have some kind of tie to Maddox, or because he was put in an overwhelmingly unfair match against Randy Orton?
If you guessed the latter, you guessed correctly. Although I’m sure that The Shield is tied in with Maddox somehow through CM Punk, there is no question that the odds were stacked in Randy Orton’s favor so they struck.
The odds are clearly stacked in the favor of John Cena in this match, and that gives The Shield all the more reason to get involved. Furthermore, if Dolph Ziggler were to lose the briefcase after holding it since July, all that build would be completely lost.
This match is extremely intriguing to me and is definitely a draw for people to order TLC. However, in my mind, the winner of this match is a foregone conclusion. Dolph Ziggler will walk out of Brooklyn, New York the same way he walked in.
As Mr. Money in the Bank!
Thanks for reading and please comment below to discuss this topic with me!
Also, please visit ProWrestlingPowerhouse.com and get involved in our community. Join us at our Facebook group where a lot of great wrestling interaction takes place on a daily basis. We are growing a community that prides itself on allowing everyone to express their voice and opinion. LIKE US atwww.Facebook.com/ProWrestlingPowerhouse.
Contact me at ProWrestlingPowerhouse@gmail.com.
Listen to Pro Wrestling Powerhouse Radio each and every Tuesday Night at 9 pm est. at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/PWPRadio