- Roman Reigns – WWE’s Next Dominant Heel
- Why We Should Overlook CM Punk’s Career
- Pro Wrestling Powerhouse Review: Survivor Series 2014
- Sting Has Finally Arrived In WWE
- Erick Rowan Has Main Event Potential
- PWP’s WWE Survivor Series Predictions
- Ranking The 25 Greatest Managers In WWE History
- Is The Authority Still Best For Business?
- Survivor Series – Five Best In The PPV’s History
- Seth Rollins – The Road To Becoming WWE’s Top Heel
- The Forgotten Tradition of Survivor Series
- Analyzing PWI’s Top 50 Female Wrestlers List
- What Makes You A Fan of WWE?
- 5 Candidates To Replace The Authority After Survivor Series
- Don’t Write Off “A New Day” Too Soon
WWE WrestleMania 29: Will Zack Ryder Be a Factor at This Huge Event?
- Updated: December 1, 2012
There are a few wrestlers who have touched the WWE Universe the way Zack Ryder has over the past 18 months. He became a social media ambassador for the company on his own and started a trend with wrestlers creating their own YouTube shows to get more exposure.
Sadly, the push of Zack Ryder became quickly deflated at some point on the road to WrestleMania 28. He was repeatedly squashed by Kane and stuck in a silly love triangle with John Cena and Eve.
Is there enough time before WrestleMania 29 to make Zack Ryder matter to the WWE Universe again? Can they find a way to capitalize on the NY/NJ area and give Zack Ryder a spot on the WrestleMania card?
If WWE was as smart as they think they are, they would do everything they can to get him involved and make him matter to the WWE Universe before WrestleMania 29 and here’s why…
WWE was forced to push Ryder due to his overwhelming popularity that peaked towards the end of 2011 at TLC when he defeated Dolph Ziggler for the United States Championship. However, the peak of his popularity occurred one month earlier at Madison Square Garden in New York City at Survivor Series.
Being in attendance at this show, the chants for Ryder and the “Woo…Woo…Woo!!” were echoing throughout the entire building for the majority of the day! It was a terrible idea to NOT book Zack Ryder to win the United States Championship on this night when he was as over as he’s ever been. Instead, WWE gave us a solid contest between John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler.
Ryder made a cameo post-match to an insane ovation from the New York City crowd. At WrestleMania 29, WWE has a chance to fix the mistake they made in November of 2011. If they really want to create a “WrestleMania Moment”, they need to build Zack Ryder as a viable contender to the United States Championship before it is too late.
WWE should book the current United State Champion, Antonio Cesaro to defend against Zack Ryder in front of 80,000 strong at WrestleMania 29 at MetLife Stadium. Zack Ryder would need to go over and when he does, the ovation will be heard throughout the entire state of New Jersey.
This area has been through enough over the past month and I feel like WWE will make the right move and give the crowd a few things to be happy about.
Zack Ryder finally defeating the long-time reigning United States Champion, Antonio Cesaro, would be a WrestleMania moment to remember.
LIKE my fan page on Facebook
#RyderWM29 if you want to discuss this on Twitter with me! @PWPowerhouse
And as always, please leave your comments below to discuss this topic!! Should Zack Ryder be utilized in a meaningful fashion at WrestleMania 29?